Human Trafficking

Are you working as a sex worker against your will? Or is someone you know? Ask for help!


  • You are being forced to work as a sex worker 
  • You or your family are being abused, blackmailed or threatened
  • You are under 18 (may change to 21) and working as a sex worker
  • You have to do different work from what was promised.


  • The person you work for is threatening to report you because you are in the Netherlands illegally
  • You are not in possession of your own passport or travel documents.


  • You are being forced to hand over all or a large part of the money you earn
  • You have to pay off a massive debt to the person you work for.
  • You are not allowed to rest until you’ve earned a certain minimum amount
  • You are not allowed to decide how to spend your money, to go shopping or buy new clothes.


  • You have to work in different places, often don’t know where you are and have no say in where you work and live
  • You are not allowed to travel on your own from your home to work and back
  • Your working conditions are poor.


  • You are forced to have unsafe sex or perform certain sexual acts
  • You must continue to work even if you are ill (or pregnant)
  • You cannot refuse clients
  • You have to work long hours (more than 8 hours a day without a break).

Do one or more of these situations apply to you or to someone you know? If so, you (or he or she) may be a victim of human trafficking and sexual exploitation. Don’t let this happen – ask for help!

What are your rights as a migrant?

Even if you are staying here illegally or working illegally, you can report the matter if you are the victim of human trafficking and sexual exploitation. For this purpose, you can use the Dutch B8 scheme.

You are entitled to:

  • Three months to decide if you want to press charges. However, at this stage you can already cooperate in a certain way in the investigation and prosecution of suspects. You will not be deported during the three-month reflection period
  • You are given a  temporary residence permit if you report a crime and cooperate in the investigation and prosecution of suspects. You are given this residence permit for the duration of the investigation, prosecution and trial of the suspects
  • You are given accommodation, benefits and medical care during your legal stay in the Netherlands
  • You also have the right to work in the Netherlands for the duration of your residence permit.

What should you pay attention to?

  • Do you still have your passport? Make sure you keep it with you and in a place where you always have access to it
  • Try not to depend on the operator for your housing. Always have an address you can go to if you need to.

Where can you get help?

You can also contact CoMensha, the Coordination Centre for Trafficking in Human Beings, through your local social workers. This independent foundation organises assistance for victims of exploitation and human trafficking. Everything you tell them is treated confidentially.

E-mail: or phone: 033 – 448 11 86 (Mon-Fri from 8.00 a.m. to 7.00 p.m.). Information is available in Dutch and English.

You can also contact the police for help (0900-8844). In the Netherlands, you can trust the police.

Applying for a residence permit goes via the police. If it is difficult for you to go to the police, seek help from social workers so that they can inform the police about your situation.

If you have information about exploitation or human trafficking, but you are afraid to go to the police, call them anonymously via Meld Misdaad Anomiem (anonymous crime reporting line): 0800-7000.

Sekswerk is werk


Deze website ondersteunt het gebruik van Internet Explorer niet.
Voor de beste ervaring kunt u een andere browser gebruiken zoals
Microsoft Edge, Chrome of Firefox.